Dealing with frizzy hair is not an easy chore. You can never confidently let your hair down because you know in a few minutes it will turn into a mess and you are constantly experimenting with new products while dreaming of silky and lustrous hair. But worry not! The solution is right here.
What is frizzy hair?
Before we proceed, its best we comprehend what is the fuss behind the frizz. What happens is, when you have dry or damaged hair, the cuticles rise and this allows the entry of moisture, causing your hair to swell. But, frizz-free is a possibility!
How to tame your frizzy hair?
- Stay away from the heat, which means don’t use your straightener, blow dryer, etc. High heat leads to swelling of the strands.
- Don’t frequently wash your hair because it strips your hair of its natural oil, making it dry.
- Deep conditioning is a must. Always and I repeat, always finish washing your hair with a conditioner as it seals the stands restricting the entry of moisture.
- Make use of hair masks as they provide deep conditioning. You can also use DIY hair masks are they are highly beneficial.
- Oil your hair regularly. If you can, apply oil at least an hour before you shampoo your hair as it provides all the nourishment and strengthens the stands.
- Always use sulphate free shampoos as sulphates can just ruin your hair by drying them out. Also, opt for a shampoo that has a high glycerine content as it moistures your hair.
- Choose hair products that are free of alcohol.
- Don’t rub your hair with a towel. It leads to unwanted friction and damages your hair. What you must do instead is, squeeze of the excess water gently and let your hair air dry.
Hope this helps!