Maybe you are on a diet or trying to eat healthily. But, every once in awhile we all go through sugar cravings that need fulfilment immediately. However, if you take a bite of your favourite dessert, the guilt will haunt you for days. Nevertheless, fret not! These healthy dessert recipes by Liz Moody will not only satisfy your sugar cravings, but they are also healthy AF!
Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Preheat the oven to 357°F and line the baking sheet with a parchment paper.
- Take an egg, some vanilla, and almond butter in a bowl and beat it continuously. Then, add almond flour, some salt, coconut sugar, and baking soda and mix it until smooth.
- Add some walnuts, oats, chocolate chips and give it a mix. The dough will be thick.
- Take tiny balls of dough and put them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake it for about 10-15 mins until you see the edges turning brown.
- Once you remove the cookies, let the, cool down. These taste best when made fresh.
Honey-Rose Rice Pudding With Pistachio-Cardamom Crumble
- In a heavy-bottomed pan, take rice, coconut milk, ½ water, and 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
- Bring it to boil and stir it regularly. In about 20 minutes, you will see that the rice is fully cooked. Turn off the heat and let the mixture cool.
- Once cool, add 1 tablespoon honey, vanilla, rose water, and chia seeds. Now, let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Add pistachios and cardamom after toasting them in a pan until they turn golden brown. Add more honey if necessary.
Fun Size Chocolate Nougat Candy Bar
- Line baking sheet with a parchment paper.
- Take cacao butter, milk, maple syrup, vanilla, almond flour, salt and nuts in a bowl and mix well.
- Take dates, cut it in half and remove the pit. Fill the dates with the mixture you made. Put them in the freezer for 10 minutes and then place them on the sheet.
- Melt some chocolate and cacao butter using the double boiler method and dip each date in this mix. Chill it in the fridge for about an hour until it sets completely.