As much as you would love to stay awake because of playing PS4 or watching football or binge-watching your favourite shows, food remains a constant challenge. You don’t want to drag your lazy bum to the kitchen, but you do want to gorge on to good and highly delicious food.
So, for all those who love sleepovers and who also love food, here are your resorts for a quick snack.
Egg in a mug
Eggs have never tasted that good. Here is how you can make them too –
1. Take fresh spinach, place it in a mug with 2 tablespoons of water.
2. Cover with a paper towel and microwave on high for one minute.
3. Remove spinach from microwave and drain the water and liquid from it thoroughly.
4. Crack the egg into the mug with the veggies and add the milk, cheese, bacon (if using), and salt and pepper.
5. Mix until thoroughly combined. Cover with a paper towel and microwave on high heat for 3 minutes, or until fully cooked.
Chili Cheese Toast
Bread, cheese and veggies. Yummy and healthy, at your fingertips.
1. Generously butter bread and place on a baking tray lined with foil and then bake for 3 minutes or until butter is melted.
2. Top with slices of cheese to completely cover the bread. Bake for another 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbling with golden patches.
3. Garnish veggies sauteed, chilli flakes and parsley and serve with mustard sauces and goes perfectly well.
Health and taste combined. Go ahead, and treat yourself.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Grease a 9×13 inch pan. In a large bowl, mix together the oats, sweetened condensed milk, butter, coconut, almonds, chocolate chips and cranberries with your hands until well blended.
3. Press flat into the prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, depending on how crunchy you want them.
4. Lightly browned just around the edges will give you moist, chewy bars.
5. Let cool for 5 minutes, cut into squares, then let cool completely before serving.
Yum Yum Sandwich
Effortless and sumptuous and also very very healthy, this sandwich is a yummy snack. Go on, try –
1. Apply mayonnaise on the slice of bread.
2. Chop the cucumber into small pieces.
3. Put the chopped cucumbers on the bread.
4. Press both the bread slides together.
5. Keep it in the pan to toast it and enjoy!
Brownie in a cup
If your tongue craves sugar at night here is treat for you. Here is the easy-peasy recipe –
1. In a coffee mug, add water/milk, melted butter/oil, a dash of salt and vanilla extract. Whisk well.
2. Add cocoa powder, whisk well. Add sugar, whisk well. Add flour, whisk well.
3. Microwave for 60 seconds. Center should be slightly molten. Careful not to overcook.
4. Enjoy with a spoon. Careful, the brownie will be hot.