First of all, here’s what the Zone diet stands for:
The Zone Diet restricts its followers to pick up a strict eating pattern of 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fat.
This diet targets at lowering the glycemic index of the body and keeping it fuller throughout the day. After being developed around 30 years ago, it has finally found its light and has gained international acclaim.
The Zone Diet aims at reducing the inflammation in the body, as it is one of the biggest reasons why people get sick and age faster.
You can begin the diet at any moment, and continue it for as long as you want. The zone is an elevation from Keto, as it permits a decent amount of carbs in your diet.
There are two ways in which you can follow the diet:
- The Hand-Eye Method
- The Zone Food Block Method
Here’s all the protein you can infuse in your diet:
- Lean beef, pork, lamb, veal
- Fish and shellfish
- Skinless chicken and turkey breast
- Egg whites
- Vegetarian protein, tofu, other soy products
- Low-fat milk and yogurt
- Low-fat cheeses
Here are all the fats you can infuse in your diet:
- Peanut butter
- Macadamia, peanuts, cashews, almonds or pistachios
- Olive oil, sesame oil and peanut oil
Here are all the carbs you can infuse in your diet:
- Grains: oatmeal and barley
- Apples, oranges, berries and plums
- Cucumbers, spinach, peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, yellow squash, and chickpeas
Are you ready to give it a try? Don’t forget to keep up with that exercise routine.
Gear up! Toodles for now.